- 1. APPLICATION
- 2. PERSONAL INFORMATION
- 3. GLOBAL SHISEIDO ONLINE MEMBER
- 4. CHILDREN
- 5. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
- 6. SECURITY
- 7. COOKIE
- 8. LINKS
- 9. CONTACT US
Shiseido Malaysia Sdn.,Bhd. (Company Number: 685030-U, “Shiseido” or “We”) is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring that your Membership Information (as defined below) and other information that may lead to your identification (collectively"Personal Information") is protected.
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not collect, use or disclose your Personal Information without your consent. You can visit and browse our Website generally without revealing your Personal Information.
However, in the event you would like to become a member of the Global Shiseido Online Membership scheme, you need to register your: (a) first name and family name; (b) user name and password; (c) e-mail address; and (d) personal identification number (collectively “Membership Information”) with the Website . As a member of the Global Shiseido Online Membership scheme, you can enjoy the following Services for Members free of charge, but you are responsible for the payment of communication charges and provider fees to obtain access to the Website. The Services for Members are:
- (i)receive e-mail updates on, amongst others, new products or campaign information, from Shiseido;
- (ii)access to your Member’s Page;
- (iii)participate in online campaigns or competitions on the Website;*
- (iv)post and browse comments or product reviews; and
- (v)when you wish to request any information or material from Shiseido.
*Please note that services (iii) are available only to Members who reside in Malaysia.
It is obligatory for you to provide Shiseido with your Personal Information if you wish to be a member. If you fail to provide Shiseido with your Personal Information, Shiseido will not be able to grant you membership nor provide you with the Services.
After your registration of your Personal Information, you may choose to cease becoming a member and stop receiving the services described above at any time by taking the steps prescribed on the Website. Otherwise, if you let us know, we will promptly stop providing information to you after confirming certain necessary information.
3. GLOBAL SHISEIDO ONLINE MEMBER
On the Member Page within the Website, registered members have access to their own Personal Information and are able to confirm, at any time by themselves, whether such information is accurate and updated. If you do not wish to disclose your Personal Information, you are free to withdraw from membership at any time by accessing the following Request Membership Deactivation Page.
This Website is directed toward and designed for use by persons aged 18 or older. We do not intend to collect Personal Information from children under 18, except on some sites specifically directed to children.
Shiseido protects the Personal Information of children provided to it with the necessary to parental consent in the same manner as it protects the Personal Information of adults.
5. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
We do not share your Personal Information with any company outside of Shiseido unless we have clearly asked for and obtained yourconsent. By accessing and using this Website, you agree to the following use and disclosure of your Personal Information.
- 5.1 Sharing with third-party business partners
- We rely on third-party business partners perform a variety of services on our behalf. In so doing, Shiseido may let service providers use your Personal Information for the joint marketing and promotion of products, services, or events that may be of interest to you. Please note that we provide our third-party business partners with only the Personal Information they need to perform their services and we require that they protect such Personal Information and not use it for any other purpose.
However, if you do not want us to let third-party service providers use your personal information, you may opt-out by notifying Shiseido.
- 5.2 Disclosure to third-party information processer
- We may use service providers to help us maintain and operate this Website or for other reasons related to the operation of this Website and Shiseido’s business, and they may receive your Personal Information for that purpose. We provide them the Personal Information they need to provide these services on our behalf. We require these companies to protect the Personal Information and to not use the information for any other purpose.
- 5.3 Other disclosure
- We may use and disclose your Personal Information to perform your instructions and, as relevant, (a) comply with legislative and regulatory requirements, perform administrative tasks, including but not limited to developing and identifying products and services that may be of interest and telling you about them (unless you ask us not to), (b) protect or defend rights or properties of customers and employees of Shiseido, and (c) take emergency measures for the purpose of securing the safety of customers, Shiseido, or the general public.
Further, as Shiseido’s business develops, we may sell or buy corporate assets, and in such transactions customer information will be shared with the relevant third parties, and may be one of the transferred business assets.
Shiseido maintains strict procedures and standards and takes all reasonable care to prevent unauthorized access to your Personal Information that we may hold and to protect the security of it when transmitted from you directly over the internet.
However, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as fully secure and you acknowledge that you submit information over the internet at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we will take all reasonable steps to protect the data which we hold.
As with most websites, when you visit the Website, certain anonymous information about your visit is automatically logged, which may include, but is not limited to, information about the type of browser you use, the server name and IP address through which you access the internet, the date and time you access the Website, the pages you access while at this Website, and the internet address of the website, if any, from which you have been linked to this Website.
We may obtain such information by placing a "cookie" on your computer's hard drive and by using a "web beacon" so we can recognize you as a return user and personalize your experience.
The cookie will be stored on your computer's hard drive until you remove it.
By accessing and using this Website, you have agreed to our placement of such cookies on your computer and our use of web beacons. You shall take the necessary steps should you wish to prevent your web browser from accepting cookies and/or allowing the use of web beacons.
This Website may contain links to or from other websites. If you use a link from this Website to the website of a third party, the third party's website will not be subject to this Policy. Shiseido will not be responsible for the handling of your Personal Information by any such third party. Please refer to the third party's policies instead.
9. CONTACT US
If at any time you wish to know what Personal Information about you that we are holding, or if you have any questions or inquiries concerning your Personal Information, please contact us directly by clicking here or by contacting us by email: email@example.com, or call 03-7719 1836.
DATE: 10 February 2014